Re: Another pbuilder run finished

>>>>> "russell" == Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

    russell> Maybe you should talk to Moshe about that, I recall him
    russell> talking about OpenMosix being used for very similar
    russell> large-compile tasks with great success...

It depends on how fast each individual compile of a source file
takes... if it is in the low seconds, OpenMOSIX probably won't help,
and might hinder (decision making on where to go in a rapidly changing
environment).  If it is taking 10s of seconds for each, it definitely
will.

If you've got a mix of individual file compile times, it'll be
somewhat stochastic/random as to whether it helps.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu