Removing openuniverse in favor of celestia (keep a virtual package?)

Since Openuniverse is no longer maintained upstream and celestia is
already in Debian (and does the same as Openuniverse and much more) I have
filed a bug to ftp.debian.org to request its removal.

However, I have seen the popularity contest results and it seems to be
quite popular. Should I create a package that just Depends: on Celestia to
force the upgrade or should it just be removed from the archive?

Just wondering what other DD think should be done in this case.

	Javi