Re: libpcap and libnet-pcap-perl

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 10:39:35AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 03:11:09PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> [snip]
> > Frankly I don't think it's worth your time investigating problems with
> > testing until we have a fixed glibc. At that point it will be possible
> > to start battling with whatever's still holding up perl 5.8, but until
> > then most of your searches will lead you straight to glibc.
> [snip]

> Is there *anything* at all we can do to help fix the glibc problem??  It's
> been holding up testing for several months now.

The RC bug count on the glibc package has been steadily declining now for
a while.  I currently show only 3 open (+ 1 pending) RC bugs on the
package, down from 9 or so a few weeks ago.  I'm sure if you have
insights into the remaining bugs, the glibc maintainers would love to
hear of it.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer