Re: Announcing apt-watch: a Gnome 2 panel applet to check for upgrades

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 15:24, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   This is just a note to anyone who's interested.  I still have some
> more finals, and then a bunch of Real Life stuff, so I won't be working
> on this much in the near future (next week or two)

A few months ago i released a little script
http://www.robster.org.uk/files/security-update-check.py

Which is intended to be run from a cronjob on a daily basis to let you
know if there are updates in the security archive and provide a short
bit of information where available about such updates.

It does not require root or anything like that and if you just add this
as a cronjob you will only get sent a mail if there are updates as it
only gives output in that scenario.

But no one seemsed very interested in it at the time :(

Dependencies include python2.2 and python-xml

Regards,

Rob

--
Rob 'robster' Bradford