Re: More spam than developer mail

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:40:50AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20021219105558.GD11172@riva.ucam.org>,
> Colin Watson  <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:47:20AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> >> On lists I run, I put spamassassin in front of it.
> >
> >That would be just like debian-devel then, yes?
>
> Well no, because I posted more than just that one line, but
> you conveniently removed the rest.

This is true, but I believe that the Debian lists have other filters
beyond spamassassin too (including, say, filters that attempt to detect
and drop binaries), and that there's some kind of whitelist for some
group of recognized addresses that bypasses spamassassin. In other
words, I understood that most of what you suggested was already
implemented, including what I removed from my quotation for brevity.

(Every time a spam gets through, people seem to assume that the Debian
lists are completely open to whatever crap spammers send, and frequently
suggest installing spamassassin on the list server when it's already
there, hence my reply.)