First version of "How Software Producers ..."
the very first version of "How Software Producers Can Distribute Their
Products Directly in .deb Format" is available at
It isn't finished yet, and some of the most important parts are still
only in my head. However, here a few things:
- I'm no native English speaker. Please point out any typos, errors
or badly written sentences. I'm glad if you do so. (No, I haven't
ispelled it yet).
- I've never set up a debian development environment on a non-debian
machine. Are there any documents I could read about that?
- I've never set up a debian repository. Where can I read more about
- Is the GFDL an appropriate license?
- Should I encourage the use of non-free, or is it better not to have
non-free packages in Debian at all?
- Is it normal that calling xsltproc directly takes about 2-3 seconds
and xmlto about 20-30?
- Please send your feedback to the lists as well if possible. I
appreciate when other people comment what you say. So I know when
it's no good :)
My GPG Public Key: http://www.isotton.com/gpg-public-key