Bug affected-versions tracking

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 11:15:58PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> It's pretty clear that making it possible for the BTS to record a
> range of versions for which a bug exists in a package is a good idea for a
> number of reasons.  I'd love to see a good general implementation.

Hmm.  I'd suggest the following fields:
Present-In-Version:
Fixed-In-Version:

Each of which contains a *list* of versions.

Normally this will be only one version each, but in complicated
situations, it may be more.  In particular, these lists should be
versions where the bug is *known* to be present, by actual testing, or
*known* to be absent, by actual testing.  If people are doing a binary
search for which version a bug was introduced in, they can add versions
to the lists as they go. :-)

>From this we can compute Presumed-Present-In lists (everything from a
Present-In version until the next Fixed-In version, and perhaps
everything before the first Present-In version) and Presumed-Absent-In
lists (everything else).

And it's clear this way which versions were actually tested and which are
just assumed.

How's that? :-)