Re: Fibre Channel and Debian

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:34:17PM +0100, Kenneth Lund wrote:

> I'm trying to install a Qlogic fibre channel card (QLA2310FL) on a
> debian woddie system. But I have had no luck yet. Qlogic only
> support it on Redhat and Suse systems. Have you guys tested any
> Qlogic fibre channel cards on debian systems? Which cards? Any
> other fibre channel cards that works?

We have QLA2200 cards running under Debian with 2.4 kernels.  We don't
use the qlogic kernel module, because we were never able to get it
working properly; instead, we're using the isp_mod module.  If you have
any trouble finding the source for it, let me know and I can dig around
for the details.

The vendor of our fibre channel array only supports Red Hat on the Linux
side, with a specific kernel of their choosing, so we have to keep that
kernel around for diagnostic purposes -- but we're using only Debian in
production.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek