Re: Fibre Channel and Debian

Yes I actually have a qlogic2200 working on debian. It requires some hand
work but it works quite fine after.
The way i made it working was to download a kernel source (2.4) and merge
the driver from qlogic in linux/drivers/scsi as explained in the README from
qlogic. there are a few things that does not match (you will notice them),
because of some other drivers shipped with suse and rh but nothing that
comprise the qlogic one.
Modify the Makefile of the qlogic driver since if you do not compile all
the modules the make modules_install will fail (or just select all of them
to make things simpler). I compiled them as module and not inside the
kernel. I can't hounestly remember the details but i got a small problem
having it inside.

reboot, modprobe and enjoy it.

Fabio

--