Re: [Internal Projects] Package browser (Was: Debian Color Themes, ...)

>> >   Hey, that's pretty cool!
>> In dead.  I have the strong feeling that we should enhance this for
>> the use of Debian internal projects.
>>
>> By the way, there seems to be another program with a quite similiar
>> goal: pdbv.
>> I guess authors should get in touch to join forces ...
>>

>We have also dpkg-www.
>
>It can be used to browse locally installed and available packages. It uses
>apt and dpkg, has more links than pdbv, doesn't need to build a cache and
>doesn't require an internet access, unless you follow the BTS or mainainer
>links. Try with:
>
>    # apt-get install dpkg-www grep-dctrl
>
>    $ dpkg-www dpkg-\*
>    $ dpkg-www section=net
>    $ dpkg-www maintainer="Joey Hess"
>    $ dpkg-www =iptables

pdbv does not require internet access, does not even require a web
server.
It requires only shell utilities and a web browser (as links).
But right, it requires cache.

Anyway, I'm opened to any suggestions that can improved pdbv.

To get an overview
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/pdbv/demo_html/demo_1.2.4_french/

Note: please, add me to Cc:, I'm not registered on the list.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy