Re: [Agnubis] Packaging Agnubis for Debian GNU/Linux

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 08:02:07AM +0100, Rapha?l Bordet wrote:
> I've started an ITP for diacanvas a few time ago than is a
> dependencies for agnubis. I want to do the same with agnubis when
> the development is restarted. If you're interested by my project, we
> could be work both on supporting agnubis to debian.

Dear Raphael,
	I'm curious as to why you did not file an ITP for Agnubis [1]
at the same time you filed an ITP on DiaCanvas2 [2] back in
October. You had originally hoped to package both Agnubis and
DiaCanvas for Debian GNU/Linux, right? I've just checked Quality
Assurance for your name and it seems like you have not yet packaged
anything before for Debian [3]. It would also seem that you have not
yet applied to join Debian either [4]. Are you new to the whole
debian-devel community?
	If you are seriously considering joining Debian and need a
helping hand and a package or two to start off with and call your own,
then I'm willing to let you have Agnubis to yourself since I'm a
generous person.  Anyway there's not much I can do with Agnubis CVS in
its current state until development resumes.
	If you would like me to hand Agnubis over to you (since it's
so heavily dependant on DiaCanvas) or co-maintain it with you until
you're ready to maintain it on your own, then you better join the new
maintainer queue and package DiaCanvas as soon as possible. That way,
I know that you're serious about Debian.
	Does this offer sound fair to you?

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/163544
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/151347
[3] http://qa.debian.org/
[4] http://nm.debian.org/

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau    Computer Science & Student Representaive, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it		      Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *