RE: Help with kernel source installation

Hi Andrew

	Thanks for your e-mail and offering to help, it is very kind of you.

>Dear Charles,
>	Could you please describe the linux-wlan drivers in a bit more
>detail please. Can you give us a URL, are they proprietary modules, or
>do they come included with the kernel source? What brand, model?

I cannot give you the exact error message at the moment as my computer is at
home and I'm at the office :-( I can give you the URL which is
www.linux-wlan.org The device I am trying for is an Actiontech USB 80211b
card. I believe that the drivers can be included in the kernel source and
compiled with it, but generally they are done post-kernel compilation, to
create modules.

	The machine is Toshiba 440CDT laptop which runs a P133MMX, with 32Mb
of RAM. I know its a very poor machine but my plan is to create a baby home
network gateway with it. I actually changed to Debian because people on the
linux-wlan list reported success when using debian.

	Thanks again

	Chalres