apt-src - some ideas

Hi,

apt-src, good start, really like the fact that it
figures out dependancies and creates .deb file once
complete and is fairly easy to use.

However, there are some things I would like to see
added at some point if possible:

1) Option to compile dependances as opposed to
automatically downloading the dependant packages.

2) Option to add additional compile flags to gcc.

3) Option not to create a .deb file.  I wouldn't want
this but some people might.

4) With depandancies it would be nice to be told what
must be installed and what depandancies are optional.

5) Not sure it this is possible, but maybe downloading
source directly from author's site??

Comments?

Jon