Re: New maintainer behaviour with NMU and LogJam's hijacking

Firstly, I don't think this is a matter for debian-devel as it doesn't
involve the project as a whole and would best be dealt with privately.
Secondly, I'd like to apologize to Christian and the Debian project for
not following exact policy. However, in my defense, I did contact
Christian several times before making the NMU, and did explain to him
numerous times privately after the NMU why I did certain things (such as
using bug fixes from CVS, since certain things in the actual release
needed to be corrected). Also, the actual logjam package had not
received any attention since May even though a new 3.0.x release had
been out, so having not received any response from any of my e-mails to
Christian before the NMU, I felt things were going unnoticed. Also in my
defense, the new 4.x version did fix a serious-level bug filed against
the package, and the 3.x series of logjam was basically very unstable as a
whole. I have also been in close contact with the upstream author of
logjam, and maintain one of his other software packages, gtkspell, for
Debian.

In any case, if you have any further discussions about this,
please contact Christian and me privately, unless this is appropriate
to post in debian-devel for some reason.