Test package apt repositories, and "Release" files.

Just a reminder...  Will folks who place test packages in "apt"
repositories PLEASE put "Release" files in there along with "Packages"
and "Sources", so that we can use the man apt_preferences functionality
to "Pin" those test package repositories?

For instance, the KDE "kdevelop" packages at people.debian.org/~njordan
and the X11 test packages in Branden's home directory on people are
logically separate... if there is no "Release" information there, I
cannot get fine grained enough settings in "/etc/apt/preferences".  All
that is available without the "Release" file is:

Package: *
Pin: origin people.debian.org
Pin-Priority: 989

... which is really too global.  I'd rather say something more like:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian/~njordan
Pin-Priority: 989

!!! Will those who know please check the above and see if my
understanding of how apt/preferences is supposed to be used is correct?
I'd hate to give misinformation and have a lot of people believe I know
what I'm talking about. :-)

I think that the "Release" file for ~njordan, corresponding to:

deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0/

... should look like:

Archive: unstable
Component: main
Origin: Debian/~njordan
Label: Debian
Architecture: i386

Is that about right?

TIA; Please CC me, as I am not presently subscribed to Debian-devel.