Re: Test package apt repositories, and "Release" files.

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@hegbloom.net> wrote:
[...]
> Package: *
> Pin: release o=Debian/~njordan
> Pin-Priority: 989

> !!! Will those who know please check the above and see if my
> understanding of how apt/preferences is supposed to be used is correct?
> I'd hate to give misinformation and have a lot of people believe I know
> what I'm talking about. :-)

> I think that the "Release" file for ~njordan, corresponding to:

> deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0/

> ... should look like:

> Archive: unstable
> Component: main
> Origin: Debian/~njordan
> Label: Debian
> Architecture: i386

Hello,
Well, I just tried it out with my local
deb file:/apt-zusatz/ ./
and the entry for /etc/apt/preferences quoted above (but with
Pin-Priority: 666) and it seemed to work:
------------------
*prompt* apt-cache policy exim4-daemon-light
exim4-daemon-light:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 4.10-0.srh20.19
  Version Table:
     4.10-0.srh20.19 0
        666 file: ./ Packages
------------------
I had to remove the entry from source.list, call apt-get update,
re-add the entry to source.list and call apt-get /again/ to force
reading the Release-file.

Afaik it does not matter very much what you put in the Origin and
Label fields, but it seems to make sense to use the correct
stable/testing/unstable in Archive because it corresponds to the value
used as argument for "apt-get --default-release". You might want to
add a Version-line
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_