John Goerzen wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:19:52PM -0600, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

Speaking as a non-DD user, I've heard this from the zealots until I *must* reply (or burst):

I y'all are so concerned about this distinction, why did you remove the non-free section listing from:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/

Excuse me, but just what exactly is removed?  I go to that page, and click
on, say, X Window system software, and I see several non-free packages
listed, each helpfully denoted non-free with a red "non-free" indicator.

My recollection is that there was a "non-free" link on that page along with the other sections, and that that was removed about the time of the last GR proposal on this issue.

If I am incorrect, oh well, time for my meds.
I use no non-free software on my Debian systems, so I don't care if you take away non-free or not, but the hand-waving and sophistry from the advocates of removal don't give me a lot of confidence that they're interested in the users' welfare.

I am an advocate for removal, yet I have had no part in any alleged
alteration to packages.debian.org.  You paint with strokes too broad.

The handwaving and sophistry are a thing apart from any alteration.