Re: [RFH] The need for signed packages and signed Releases (long, long)

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:23:41PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:08:08AM +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > I've trained myself to type `apt-check-sigs' after
> > > ever `apt-get update'.
> >     # apt-check-sigs
> >     bash: apt-check-sigs: command not found
> > I don't find this command anywhere in the package archive.
>
> google can find it though. google rocks. Surely you know this by now?

You can also RTFM (the Securing Manual that is). However, the point is
that :

a) it's not part of Debian, in the official sense (not provided in the
Distribution)
b) it's not part of an enforced process of update (i.e. apt will not call
it, dpkg however does call 'debsig-verify' if configured properly)

That's one of the things I'm complaining about and asking fellow Debian
Developers help to fix (since I'm not knowledgeable enough to patch apt
myself).

	Javi

PS: Doesn't this ring a bell:
http://www.infosecuritymag.com/2002/nov/nightmares.shtml#2c