On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:38:59PM +0000, Darren Salt wrote:
> Better would be to remove those packages from non-free for which there are
> free equivalents. To help the transition, said free equivalent(s) must be
> available in stable before the non-free package(s) in question can be
> removed.

What's an "equivalent", though? I wouldn't use any other newsreader than
trn (well, trn4 normally), because I like the interface; I don't
consider the other newsreaders replacements for it, or I'd be using them
already.

[ trn4 came within a whisker of being BSD-licensed not so long ago,
until upstream realized he didn't actually own all the code. :( ]