Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:10:52PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:31:20AM -0500, Jim Penny wrote:
[snip]
> > aXe should go.
[snip]

And why? I bring to your attention that the current Debian source is
actually better than the latest upstream (which has been abandoned,
unfortunately), in terms of workability with the new Xaw. There is at
least one other aXe user who is glad of this fact, besides myself.
Removing it from Debian means users will have to use the old version which
does not work with XFree 4.x at all. I do not have the resources to host
the Debianized source myself.

Now if only people would stop the bickering and actually do something
useful, like help me track down that annoying old SEGV bug in aXe. Does it
matter whether it's free or non-free, now that upstream has abandoned it
for years?

If it's green, it's biology, If it stinks, it's chemistry, If it has numbers
it's math, If it doesn't work, it's technology.