Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

Jochen Voss wrote:
> > Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > Why is it "lame-brained"?! Users have repeatedly complained about how they
> > > want URLs on packages web pages. Putting them in the Description: fields
> > > sounds just fine to me.
> >
> > Simply because the description field is not the right place (see other
> > mails), and because this conflicts with established practice and policy, ...
>
> How does it conflict with policy?

Again, that was not the best choice of words, read "redundant" or
something.

> E.g. the fdutils package has an URL in the
> package description for a very long time.
> Should this be changed in you opinion?

In my opinion that particular URL is not very helpful in describing what
the package does (the rest of the description does a reasonable job,
though it might be good if it included the command list from the web
page), and so it should be removed from the package's description.

--
see shy jo