Re: URLs on debian.org/distrib/packages pages

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Why is it "lame-brained"?! Users have repeatedly complained about how they
> want URLs on packages web pages. Putting them in the Description: fields
> sounds just fine to me.

Simply because the description field is not the right place (see other
mails), and because this conflicts with established practice and policy,
so now we have a sub-optimal way (what policy says to do), and a
different, conflicting, and also sub-optimal thing (what developers
reference says to do), and you have to look in two places to find
anything.

--
see shy jo