Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:43:14AM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> Fine. I'll list the two that _I_ use: conserver and x3270.

A quick glance at the copyright file shows that a case could be made for
DFSG freeness of c3270 and s3270, and perhaps x3270 without fonts.  In any
case, this is non-free software that I use at work.

> Point is, these aren't games, they're the sort of programs people use
> for serious work. They aren't proprietary, they just happen to have some
> source files with stupid licenses.

True.  Still, I would not have a huge problem with having to ./configure;
make; make install x3270.  Nor with adding a line to my sources.list to get
it from somewhere else.

-- John