On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 05:59:59PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
> > 	Do you have such a site lined up? If so, that would make your
> >  GR far more palatable. If not, this is just a pie in the sky red herring.
> It sounds to me like you are saying that gobs of Debian developers
> think non-free is very very important, every sane person agrees, and
> yet, none of them would be able to locate any resources at all to make
> it a reality.

Uh, a bunch of developers have already allocated resources to making it
a reality, that's how pool/non-free and dists/*/non-free came to exist.

Are you /really/ all that surprised that the people who think it's
important enough to have made that effort would be annoyed at having to
make another, larger, effort for no gains that they can see?

If you're not, just accept it, and get on with demonstrating the gains
you forsee and working on minimising the costs, rather than pretending
you can dismiss everyone else's concerns out of hand.

Cheers,
aj