On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:27:55PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Herbert Xu wrote:
> > angband
> > bsdgames-nonfree
> > diablo
> > mpg123
> > newsgate
> > nntpcache
> > scilab
>
> Well it's nice to see that the list of gotta-have-it non-free software
> is so much more .. trivial (games) / special purpose (scilab) / easily
> arguable (mpg123, news) than it has been the last few times this came
> up (netscape comes to mind).

The same people who will never wean *themselves* off of non-essential
non-free software are the same ones who argue that Debian must never
stop shipping it as long as there is even one person still using that
resource.

In other words, it's a self-serving argument.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     No math genius, eh?  Then perhaps
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you could explain to me where you