On Wednesday 13 November 2002 19:10, Joey Hess wrote:
> Simon Richter wrote:
> > It's useless for software, not for documentation. We have no other place
> > for standards documents that may not be distributed in modified form.
>
> When I need an RFC, I type its number into google, this is far faster
> and easier than downloading a bloated, and still incomplete package of
> badly-organized rfc's. The reason we have no other place for this stuff
> is, perhaps, because it doesn't belong in Debian at all.

I guess most people with a broadband connection would agree on the "google is
faster anyway" argument, but I remember a time when I was rather happy about
this package, since having to dial in everytime you want to have a quick look
at some RFC is mildy annyoing to say the least...

Cheers,
Yven

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de