On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:04:41AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 03:57:31AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 07:48:50PM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> > > Then how do we fix bugs in a non-free package?
> >
> > The package maintainer mails -done or the control bot with a command of
> > "close".
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing
> >
> > (Ahh, to be young, and not be able to remember the days when katie didn't
> > parse your changelog for bugs to close on *ANY* package, main, contrib,
> > non-free, or otherwise.)
> The question seems to be about _fixing_ bugs, not _closing_ them.

Then I'm confused.  I can think of only 3 factors that influence this.

1) the work has to be licensed in a way that we can modify it to fix a
   bug (not necessarily true for stuff in non-free)
2) someone has to be willing and able to fix the bug
3) that someone has to grab the package and fix it

All three factors are required today.

G. Branden Robinson                |     What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     reading the Bible cover to cover.
branden@debian.org                 |     Twice.
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |     -- J. Michael Straczynski