On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:04:41AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 03:57:31AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 07:48:50PM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> > > Then how do we fix bugs in a non-free package?
> >
> > The package maintainer mails -done or the control bot with a command of
> > "close".
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing
> >
> > (Ahh, to be young, and not be able to remember the days when katie didn't
> > parse your changelog for bugs to close on *ANY* package, main, contrib,
> > non-free, or otherwise.)
>
> The question seems to be about _fixing_ bugs, not _closing_ them.

Then I'm confused.  I can think of only 3 factors that influence this.

1) the work has to be licensed in a way that we can modify it to fix a
   bug (not necessarily true for stuff in non-free)
2) someone has to be willing and able to fix the bug
3) that someone has to grab the package and fix it

All three factors are required today.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     reading the Bible cover to cover.