Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 08:19:12AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> 2) There are people willing to hack on the machine code, or disassemble
> it and attempt to recreate a more traditional form of source code for
> it, in which case that is the preferred form for modification, the
> package has source code.  That means it might be DFSG-free (if it meets
> the other criteria).

I used to own The Complete Spectrum Rom Disassembly by Dr. Ian Logan and
Dr. Frank O'Hara. (see http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk/links.htm for
the cover and some scanned pages from it). I'd believe it if it turned
out to be better documented than the original, whatever that may have
been.

Anyway, while Googling for a reference to the book it turned out that
that same site does in fact have the assembler file for the ROM online.

http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk/

--
Bart.