On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:00:14PM -0200, Michel Loos wrote:
> From w3:
>
> "No right to create modifications or derivatives is granted pursuant to
> this license."
>
> form RFC
>
> "However, this document itself may not be modified in any way,"
>

> Both statements are totally normal since the documents are defining
> standards, and if we were free to modify the document the definition of
> the standard would change.

As I said in my initial E-Mail I do not agree that this restriction
on a standard should mean that the standard cannot be part of
Debian.

I believe that a standard is total different to a software program,
which the DFSG was initially written for.

Whats the point of having a "standard" if anyone can modify it?

<sarcasm>
No, my firewall isn't broken when it drops packets with ECN bits set, my
[evil] company has already clarified RFC793 with the following
modification:

-Reserved: 6 bits Reserved for future use. Must be zero.
+Reserved: 6 bits Reserved for future use. Must be zero. Packet is
+illegal and must be dropped if not zero.

There, I haven't even modified the meaning of it, have I? (obviously
this is open to interpretation...)
</sarcasm>
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>