On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:27:11AM +1100, Brian May wrote:

> If these standards are going to be removed from Debian as they have been
> classified "non-free", I would object to this proposal.

Don't you think that the proper solution to this is not to kludge around it
by allowing non-free to remain, but by fixing the larger issue so that it is
not a problem?

If they're in non-free already (I haven't taken the moment to check), then
already they are not on our CDs, included in our distro, etc.  It is not
that large of a step to remove them from our FTP servers.

-- John