Re: SASL Chaos?

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 02:05:12PM +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:

> I've been trying to get these "supportedSASLMechanisms" listed yesterday
> without success.

> ldapsearch -I anything

> still doesn't work, although i added the userid and password via
> saslpasswd for the appname "slapd".

What do you see when running this command?

> But actually i don't want to use /etc/sasldb... (but i certainly don't
> want kerberos either)

Then, you probably want to remove some of the sasl module packages from
your machine: without /etc/sasldb, I think the only SASL types you can
use are PLAIN and ANONYMOUS, and unless you specify something else with
ldapsearch -Y <mech>, the client and server will automatically try to
negotiate the strongest SASL mechanism that both support.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer