Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

 Dirk> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:26:52PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
 >> Just remember: it's not Debian.

 Dirk> "I didn't have sex with this woman."
 Dirk>      -- William J. Clinton, late 1990s

 Dirk> You're splitting the same hairs, dude.

 Dirk> The fact that Debian maintainers volunteer to look after
 Dirk> non-free software because it is of use to them, and/or to their
 Dirk> users, makes it an effective part of Debian.  The rest is
 Dirk> academic, semantics, or whatever you like to call it.  Last
 Dirk> post in this thread for me.

	Thank you for this compelling argument.

	I am convinced, and I shall no longer oppose the GR amending
 the social contract advocating the removal of the non-free packages
 from Debian.

	If it were not so much of a hassle rebooting my laptop to sign
 this message, I would have made this a formal retraction copied to
 -vote as well.

	manoj
--
 Promptness is its own reward, if one lives by the clock instead of
 the sword.