Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 05:44:43PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > There are no non-free Debian packages, because non-free packages are
> > > not part of Debian.  We happen to provide a place for them on the
> > > servers, that's all.
> >
> > Yeah, whatever, they're there, and you're not helping with pointless
> > GNU-like phraseology rants. :P
>
> If it's a "pointless rant", it's not GNU-like, it's
> Debian-Social-Contract-like.

No, I disagree. The wording in the social contract does not say that
non-free packages are not Debian packages. It says that these packages are
not part of the Debian distribution. These are two different things. :P

> It is distressing that one of Debian's own webmasters is so unfamiliar
> with the Debian Social Contract.

I'll ignore that crap. :>

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.