Re: Debian retirement

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 04:35:35PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > > and I guess I will have to focus all my efforts into liking RedHat.
>
> That is absurd.

Well, Redhat is not THAT bad. After all it is one of the most used
Distributions out there. I mean it is true that Debian has some unique
points where it stands out from other distributions, but this does not
necesaryly mean, that it is better than others.

> I heart about other similar "solutions" where some
> braindead top-admin takes RedHat since it is soooo simple, and creates
> some software-distribution-system (cludges, cp-ing files from an
> installed RatHead prototype system around), just as done with Windows
> before.

Thats a problem with the admin not with the distribution. You can use rpm on
redhat as well as dpkg on debian to do this. There are enough debian systems
where admins have installed and moved around local software, too.

> What about starting a new documentation project - "Easy
> Administration of business networks with Debian"?

With rsync and scp to move around the configuration? :)

Greetings
Bernd