Re: Debian retirement

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 08:03:19PM +0100, Dr Gordon Russell wrote:
> My University, Napier in Edinburgh, Scotland, has finally recognised the
> attractiveness of Linux and are going to support it, provided we standardise
> on a single distribution. Unfortunately this is not Debian. My boss has
> instructed me to move to the new platform, and I have finished moving my
> first machine to RedHat. As a consequence I have no Debian machines myself,
> and I guess I will have to focus all my efforts into liking RedHat.

I sincerely hope that our efforts on d-i and debian desktop can
prevent this from happening more in the future. Undoubtedly, if we
cannot keep up with other distros, we will continue to lose developers
for reasons like these.

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson