Should libgnomeprint-data use defoma?

Hi!

For various reasons I have been forced to use gs-aladdin instead of gs. But
after this upgrade gnumeric suddenly failed to print. The reason for that
has been that /etc/gnome/fonts/gnome-print-ghostscript.fontmap hasn't been
updated to the new gs fonts. (it's /var/lib/defoma/gs-aladdin.d instead of
/var/lib/defoma/gs.d).

/etc/gnome/fonts/ is part of libgnomeprint-data and after a few mails with
the maintainer of libgnomeprint-data, Christian Marillat <marillat@free.fr>,
it has become clear that he feels that libgnomeprint-data should not make
use of defoma.

I'd like to quote /usr/share/doc/defoma/README.Debian here:
"Whenever a font is installed or removed, every application that
depends on or makes use of or anyway has something to do with the font
has to be configured about the font. Such a process should be
automated,  but in fact only a few applications automate it. It means
that each user or a system administrator needs to configure most of
applications manually about fonts, to make use of fonts from the
applications. This is really waste of time and requires knowledge to
some degree."

..and Yaushiro Take is right, it's a waste of time and with the on-going
discussion of the usability of Debian for a normal user, I can't see why
libgnomeprint-data should not integrate with debian's own font manager.

What does the rest of the Debian crew think? Should Defoma integration
become part of the Debian policy?

Best Regards, Clemens