Re: compare knoppix setup to what we ship

Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> [2002-11-04 13:57:30 +0100]:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 11:52:31PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> > [...on knoppix...]
> > It Just Works.
> Well, I had tested it on 3 systems and all of them failed. One LCD Monitor

Seven out of nine of the machines I have tried knoppix on work
awesomely well for me.  Two out of nine fail.  One of the failures is
on really old hardware and the sound does not work and the graphics
flicker terribly.  The other failure is on a proprietary x86 system
that just has weird proprietary hardware in it and little works there
anyway.

In general knoppix is really good.  The first time I loaded it I was
completely blown away by how well it did everything.  A wonderful
achievement.  On modern normal hardware it does great.

When it works, it works great.  When it does not work, well, did I
mention how well it worked on the systems for which it worked?  :-)

Bob