Re: A Round of Removals

Matijs van Zuijlen <Matijs.van.Zuijlen@xs4all.nl> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 01:38:17PM -0500, Lukas Geyer wrote:

> > The reason that xlibosmesa-dev does not cause build failures is that
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think you meant xlibmesa-dev?

Yes, of course, thanks for pointing that out. :)

> > it does not #define MESA in /usr/include/GL/gl.h. geomview is
> > perfectly able to compile without osmesa.h, but _not_ if the header
> > defines the preprocessor symbol MESA. In my understanding, off-screen
> > rendering is part of MESA, and defining MESA would assure that it is
> > available. However, if you have some documentation that this is the
> > wrong interpretation, please provide it and I will close the bug.
>
> Ok, I see your point. So it seems the xlibmesa-dev package avoids this
> problem by not actually claiming to be MESA compliant. For now, I will
> avoid the averse effects of this bug by having libutahglx-dev not even
> claim to provide libgl-dev.

Yes, that would probably the best thing for the moment in order to
save the package. Still I have the impression that the MESA issue
is a packaging error of the former maintainer, because the source
package actually includes the MESA code, just debian/rules does not
build it. Unfortunately I do not have the enthusiasm/skills to check
all that, but if you take over the package and eventually find the
"real" solution, you have my full support. :)

Cheers, Lukas

--
This is not a signature