Re: A Round of Removals

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:22:33PM -0500, Lukas Geyer wrote:
> The API issue is even more hairy. The header of libutahglx-dev claims
> to be MESA compliant, version >= 3.2. However, it does not provide
> /usr/include/GL/osmesa.h which is in MESA since 1.2.4 if I can believe
> the MESA docs. The source package of libutahglx-dev contains that MESA
> code but it is not built. I am not interested in this package, but if
> someone takes it over, _please_ check that the package really provides
> what it claims to. Otherwise it will cause FTBFS and thus
> release-critical bugs on other packages, like #142129.

This bug complains about a missing osmesa.h. However, this file is not
even in xlibmesa-dev, but only in xlibosmesa-dev, the development
package for the off-screen rendering library. So it seems geomview
should build-depend on that, and depend on xlibosmesa3 as well. From
that package's page:

  The off-screen rendering library (OSMesa) is an extension to Mesa, not
  an implementation of any OpenGL standard; therefore, it is packaged
  separately, so that any OpenGL-conformant library may be installed on
  a Debian system, and OpenGL-based programs may depend on any of them.
  The OSMesa library, however, specifically depends on the Mesa library.

> Lukas
> P.S.: I will go ahead and file that bug now, hadn't done yet because I
> thought it would be gone in short time anyway.

In light of the above, could you close it again, please?

Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands