Re: A Round of Removals

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:22:33PM -0500, Lukas Geyer wrote:

> The API issue is even more hairy. The header of libutahglx-dev claims
> to be MESA compliant, version >= 3.2. However, it does not provide
> /usr/include/GL/osmesa.h which is in MESA since 1.2.4 if I can believe
> the MESA docs. The source package of libutahglx-dev contains that MESA
> code but it is not built. I am not interested in this package, but if
> someone takes it over, _please_ check that the package really provides
> what it claims to. Otherwise it will cause FTBFS and thus
> release-critical bugs on other packages, like #142129.

This bug complains about a missing osmesa.h. However, this file is not
even in xlibmesa-dev, but only in xlibosmesa-dev, the development
package for the off-screen rendering library. So it seems geomview
should build-depend on that, and depend on xlibosmesa3 as well. From
that package's page:

  The off-screen rendering library (OSMesa) is an extension to Mesa, not
  an implementation of any OpenGL standard; therefore, it is packaged
  separately, so that any OpenGL-conformant library may be installed on
  a Debian system, and OpenGL-based programs may depend on any of them.
  The OSMesa library, however, specifically depends on the Mesa library.

> Lukas
>
> P.S.: I will go ahead and file that bug now, hadn't done yet because I
> thought it would be gone in short time anyway.

In light of the above, could you close it again, please?

--
Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands