Re: nibble from the DDTP

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:41:34PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> BTW, http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/ is now available for
> browsing of translated descriptions on the web.  However, all of these
> web pages have the following lines:

Yes...

http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/ is not really up to date.

I don't have time for a better packages.debian.org now. We must
translate all the 'no package description text' too, make better HTTP
header, make a cron job, make the pages searchable.

Maybe after the debconf modifications on the server and a runing APT
patch...

> this is not correct for Japanese and Russian.  This causes Japanese
> and Russian pages displayed wrongly.
>
> (Japanese people call this situation "mojibake".
> Please see http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/mojibake/ ).
>
> I recently (about one week ago) wrote about this problem but I
> didn't get any answer.  Sorry if you have already started the
> research of this problem and now the research is in progess.

You write a mail to grisu@debian.org?

(please cc: to this address all the time..., I have >12000 new mails in
my debian mailing list folder)

> I also suggest you to write a top web page at http://ddtp.debian.org/
> which has links for various subdirectories at ddtp.debian.org and
> the page should be linked from http://www.debian.org/devel , so that
> more developers will join DDTP and more users (or testers, so far?) will
> benefit from the project.

http://ddtp.debian.org/ has now a nice web page with links for the
various subdirectories at ddtp.debian.org. Only the non pdesc parts
(like tasksel, debconf, didesc) are missing. The webmaster is working on
this.

For a link on http://www.debian.org/devel we must ask debian-www@
(I add a cc:)

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Schreibe ein Programm, das jeder Volltrottel bedienen kann, und du hast