Re: [Internal Projects] Package browser (Was: Debian Color Themes, ...)

On Thursday 31 October 2002 15:05, Tom Badran wrote:

> On Thursday 31 Oct 2002 12:57 pm, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > I would vote on gnome-apt for GNOME (but remember it still needs lots
> > of polishing and work, which the new maintainer is already doing!) and
> > kpackage for KDE. Which is being removed, though... because it's not
> > being actively maintained.
>
> kpackage is incredibly poor for debian packages, it is pretty much unusable
> (i believe it was originally programmed for RPM).

I disagree, I'm using it quite a lot, and like it much more than the
gnome-based apps floating around.
BTW, the reason for it's impending removal has nothing to do with the package
being unmaintained upstream (which it isn't as far I can tell), it's a
trivial bug that is fixed by a single symlink.

cheers,
Yven

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@debian.org