Re: A Round of Removals

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:55:26PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:

> I've looked around and found that some of these packages have their bugs
> only on Alpha or, probably even more rarely used, HP-PA. But so far my
> understanding was that a release is aimed to provide the same set of
> packages for all supported architectures.

This is only relevant in cases where the bug is a failure to build.  In the
case of ngrep, it simply doesn't work on sparc, and I am not sure as to
whether it ever did.  That is probably not a release-critical bug (but of
course this is up to the release manager, because there are no fixed
criteria).

--
 - mdz