Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 18:38, Michael Cardenas wrote:

> I think that the argument that new users won't switch desktop
> environments supports the idea of having menus with both kde and gnome
> apps, since the likelyhood is that if they never try gnome, they'll
> never even see evolution.

I still think that the GNOME and KDE cabals, respectively, should choose
which applications they want to go in their desktop's menu.  This
doesn't necessarily mean that the GNOME menu will be entirely GNOME
apps, nor that the KDE menu would be entirely KDE apps.  If the KDE
people think Evolution is the best choice for their users at present,
more power to them.