Re: [desktop] Please read the vFolder spec [Was: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks]

Jeff Waugh said:
> Hey,
>
> I think this thread could do with a good helping of spec-reading. :-)
>
>   http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/VFolderDesktops.txt
>
> You can do almost all of this with the vFolder spec, and the best thing is
> that you will have to do very little work to it them working in GNOME and
> KDE because they will both support the spec. So whatever the .desktop files
> that Debian packages install say, GNOME and KDE will do.
>
> If anything, you guys should be contributing to the spec, to make sure that
> it works properly for Debian. Then it will truly kick arse for both the
> desktops *and* distributions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff

No Lie, Jeff is on it. I reffered to this vaguely by mentioning the current
Menu Policy (vFolder and such is mentioned.) Thanks a bunch for the link. Hey
while your here, any thoughts on the GNOME front regarding matching up the KDE
menu layout and the GNOME one? Any discussion on the matter in the GNOME lists
and such? (Too bad I don't have the time to track both.)

Matthew out....