Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

Joakim Kolsjö wrote:
> Ok. I hope that we can agree to name the applications things like "Web Browser",
> because it would be of great help to new users(so they can find what they are
> looking for without to much effort). I also think the possibility to reach
> the myriad of applications(in their real names) that exists should be possible
> in a submenu.

I'm happy to see things going in this direction. As I recall, the Gnome
UI manual has some interesting things to say about this, and IIRC they
are now reccommending menu items like "Web Browser (Galeon)" or
something like that. I forget the details, but their rationalle is
probably worth a look.

--
see shy jo