Re: [desktop] Linuxin GNU/Linux and Debian Desktop

El día 24 oct 2002, Andreas Tille escribía:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Luke Seubert wrote:
>
> > > There is a project based in Debian Woody called Linuxin[1] which is an
> > > Spanish distro aimed to the desktop. They have made some interesting
> > > things, and I think that it could be great that some of the problems
> > > solved for it could be used in Debian Desktop. After all, Linuxin
> > > itself will benefit greatly from a subproject like DD.
> > >

> > Many thanks for the suggestion.  I have downloaded the Linuxin1.0r1 .iso
> > file and will look it over.  I hope my poor Spanish can get me through the
> > install process ;-) Hopefully other folks participating in the UI design of
> > Debian Desktop will do the same, so that various good ideas can get spread
> > around.
> >
> > It would be great if both projects could cross-pollinate, so to speak, and
> > assist each other with ideas and innovations.
> I would really love it if people would start to understand that it would be
> the lowest effort to add good things INTO Debian instead of trying to
> fork and add good things afterwards.  Why not working on internationalisation
> OF DEBIAN and instead adding it to a fork.  Those people waste their time
> by building a separate infra structure outside Debian.  They invent things
> which they could have for free.

   That's just why I have brought this here. I also hope Linuxin people
  to read this and collaborate. I also work translating the web to
  Spanish, and I think that internationalization is something that
  Debian should do even more.

   Well, I'm eagerly wating for their answer...

[BTW, please don't CC: me when replying. I'm subscribed :]

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org