Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> wrote:
> Daniel Stone <dstone@kde.org> writes:
>> Not necessarily. When I use KDE, I largely want to use KDE apps. I
>> personally think GNOME/KDE should offer their own menus, with a submenu
>> in each category for "Non-{GNOME,KDE} Applications". I don't see a
>> problem with this, i.e. how our KDE3 packages do it.

> It sounds bizarre, actually, to classify programs by which toolkit they use.
> I don't think most users really care.

It is not that bizarre. If you are running KDE using konsole instead
of xterm and konqueror instead of mozilla has at least two advantages:
They share a common look and feel and most/all of the necessary
libraries are already loaded, minimizing resource usage.
           cu andreas
--
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_
http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/tin-snapshot/