Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

(debian-gnome doesn't exist; adjusted to debian-gtk-gnome. I also don't read
-kde or -gtk-gnome so please Cc: appropriately.)

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:59:17PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> > Not necessarily. When I use KDE, I largely want to use KDE apps. I
> > personally think GNOME/KDE should offer their own menus, with a submenu
> > in each category for "Non-{GNOME,KDE} Applications". I don't see a
> > problem with this, i.e. how our KDE3 packages do it.
> It sounds bizarre, actually, to classify programs by which toolkit they use.
> I don't think most users really care.

I agree -- and we shouldn't make them care, because what most people want is
to get a task done, not fiddle about with how it gets done.

(Also, most people won't have a bunch of GNOME, and KDE, and other
applications installed, so it makes no sense for those to have three
separate menus, some of which empty.)

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.