Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

* Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> [021022 19:55]:
> You can bolt Debian menus onto the side... but frankly I'd just drop
> their menus (and KDE's) and use our own by default.  (At least this
> would be equal-opportunity anti-desktop action on our part ;-)

I think this is a good choice. In fact I already have to do it with
most gnome or kde-enables window managers in a pool I administrate,
because users faced with different menus in different wms are a
nightmare to care for.
( "All programs you need can be found in the menu"
  "I cannot find them"
  "No, not this menu, the one labeled 'debian'")

Giving our users choice would be nice by making those strange menus
be easy to enable by an admin or on a per user basis. But the default
should in my eyes definitly be only the debian menu. As this should
contain everything.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
<gEistiO> sagen wir mal...ich hab alle sourcen in /lost+found/waimea
<me> gEistiO: [...] Warum lost+found?