Re: [desktop] Unix configuration nightmare

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:32:50AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Before we get into details, let me be very blunt.  I do not think this
> > particular sub-project is going succeed, or that it even really makes
> > sense.

It should be considered if setting up some simple interface between the
original config files and some "standard" config style isn't the easier
(and less intrusive) way to go. There are various techniques to keep
files in sync.

For one there allready _is_ such infrastructure - webmin f.ex. does just
that - additionaly there's probably a lot of common infrastructure that
could be used for dealing with config files...

*t

    ma                  will kill for oil